Saturday, August 18, 2012


CATCHING UP ON AUTO REVIEWS

Back near the end of May I started posting my auto reviews at examiner.com instead of on this site.

I thought anyone who was interested could go there. It’s a short trip.

But I since have learned that apparently my reviews are tailored for the South Florida area, or maybe the Southeast, and not available everywhere, at least not yet.

The more I publish, the better chance I have to be promoted for national exposure. In the meantime, here are a couple of my recent reviews:

First, the Audi A5.
The 2013 Audi A5.

I really liked the A5, and so did my wife. Not sure the pictures really do it justice cuz it really is stunning.

The performance is unreal. With all-wheel drive, the handling is excellent, and it is great when cornering with no body roll. The suspension is tight enough yet provides a comfortable experience for your passenger.

And, as I point out in the review, the pricing is realistic with the coupe starting under $38,000 (six-speed manual transmission).

My test model came with the Tiptronic automatic and a base price of $39,050, but extras pushed the final price tag to $43,635.

I’ve never personally shopped in that segment, you understand, but in today’s market, you have to consider that reasonable. The $40,000-plus car of today is pretty much what used to be the $30,000 car.

Here is the link:


The second of my recent reviews is on the Prius c.

The 2012 Prius c.

Full disclosure here: I’ve never been a big fan of hybrids. Early on, they were not worth the price, and you had to drive them so many miles over the norm to make them worth the premium you were paying up front they weren’t worth it.

That is pretty much still the case, really. I have a friend who probably doesn’t drive anywhere near 10,000 miles a year. I told him he it would be a long time before he made up the difference. but he bought a Prius anyway.

But I have to give Toyota some credit. The improvements they have made with the Prius have made it a much better car.

They also have come up with several variations of the model to fit your needs. The Prius c is designed mostly for urban use as it is slightly smaller than the full-size Prius and will take up less space in parking lots or parking on streets.

Yet the Prius c isn’t one of those two-seat bubble cars that greenies seem to love, which is a big plus in my book.

For a second car and a commuter, it may not be a bad choice. It starts at under $20,000.

Here is the link:


That’s a couple of my reviews. I’ll try to keep you updated with links to future copy.

And thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Automobile industry is a very much growing industry in which we can get many opportunities.Also there are plenty of great automobile companies in the market.

    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

    ReplyDelete